Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star: MonogramSale!
Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star: 1:48 scale : new
The Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star was the first turbojet fighter accepted to serve in operational strength with the U.S. Air Force. The F-80 was not only elegant, but extremely fast as well, with its Allison J-33 gas turbine engine it was capable of reaching speeds in excess of 550 miles per hour.
- Detailed landing gear
- Removable panel for machine gun bay
- Tail section removes to show turbojet engine
- Open or closed canopy with detailed cockpit and pilot
- Optional pylon mounted wing tanks or bombs
- “Lid-Do-Bee” F-80C-1-LO 49-610 Pilot, Lt. Col. Oliver Cellini 25th Fighter Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, October, 1950.
- F-80C-1-LO 49-481 Acrojets Demonstration Team, Williams AFB, Arizona,1949.
2 in stock